Are you in the market for a new guitar? If so, have you considered the brand Sawtooth? So many guitar brands exist, it can be hard to know which one is the best to go for. However, it’s important to remember that not all guitar brands are created equal. Some may excel at one thing while lacking in another area. That’s why today, we’re going to explore whether Sawtooth is a good guitar brand or not.
Many guitar enthusiasts are split when it comes to their opinion on Sawtooth guitars. Some swear by their quality, while others think they’re subpar. One thing is certain, they’re a developing brand that’s seen exponential growth in recent years. Whether that translates to quality is up for debate. In this article, we’ll examine the pros and cons of Sawtooth guitars and help you make an informed decision on whether it’s worth buying one or not. We’ll cover everything from the price point, design, sound quality, and customer reviews. So, buckle up and let’s dive into the world of Sawtooth guitars.
Sawtooth Brand History
The Sawtooth Guitar Company is a newcomer in the industry, but it has made a name for itself with its high-quality musical instruments. The company was founded by Adrian Lembong, a passionate musician who was unsatisfied with the available options in the entry-level market. He wanted to create a brand that offered beginner-friendly guitars that were affordable yet crafted with precision and exceptional quality.
Since its founding in 2012, Sawtooth has dedicated itself to providing aspiring musicians with the best possible start to their musical journeys. The company prides itself on its commitment to exceeding customer expectations, with a focus on quality, reliability, and affordability.
What Makes Sawtooth Stand Out?
- High-quality craftsmanship: Sawtooth guitars are designed with precision using high-quality materials, ensuring top-notch playability and sound.
- Affordability: The company’s main focus is to provide entry-level players with affordable yet high-quality instruments.
- Wide range of products: From electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitars to ukuleles, Sawtooth offers options for every aspiring musician.
The Sawtooth Philosophy
Sawtooth’s philosophy revolves around making music accessible to everyone. The company believes that music is a universal language that brings people together, and it is the company’s mission to make that language accessible to everyone.
The company’s dedication to inspiring musicians with affordable, high-quality instruments has earned Sawtooth a reputation as a respected brand in the industry. Their instruments are played by some of the world’s leading musicians while also serving as a reliable choice for beginner-level players.
Sawtooth’s Product Line
Sawtooth offers a wide range of musical instruments to cater to different playing styles and skill levels. Their product line includes the following:
|Electric guitars||Electric basses||Soprano ukuleles|
|Acoustic guitars||Acoustic basses||Concert ukuleles|
|Classical guitars||Tenor ukuleles|
Overall, Sawtooth is a brand that continues to grow and innovate while staying true to its commitment to high-quality instruments at an affordable price. Their unique philosophy, coupled with their dedication to craftsmanship and affordability, makes Sawtooth a brand worth considering for any aspiring musician.
Analysis of Sawtooth guitar quality
Sawtooth guitars have been making waves in the market for their quality craftsmanship at an affordable price. The question on every guitarist’s mind is whether Sawtooth is a good guitar brand. Here’s a detailed analysis of their guitar quality.
- Craftsmanship: Sawtooth guitars are made with utmost attention to detail. The craftsmanship is top-notch, and the finish of each guitar is flawless. The frets are well done, and the neck is smooth and comfortable to play on.
- Sound: The solid wood construction of Sawtooth guitars produces a warm, well-rounded sound. The tonal quality is excellent, and each guitar has a unique voice that resonates beautifully.
- Hardware: The hardware on Sawtooth guitars is sturdy and reliable. The tuners are strong and precise, and the pickups deliver a crisp, clear sound.
Overall, Sawtooth guitars offer exceptional quality at a reasonable price point. They are perfect for beginner and intermediate guitar players who want a reliable instrument without breaking the bank.
Here’s a look at some of the key features of Sawtooth guitars:
|Wood||Solid wood construction for warmer, richer sound|
|Finish||High-quality finish with attention to detail|
|Hardware||Sturdy and reliable tuners and pickups|
|Price||Affordable price point without compromising on quality|
Sawtooth guitars have definitely earned their spot on the market for their exceptional quality and affordable price point. Their craftsmanship, sound quality, and hardware make them a great choice for guitar players of all levels.
Customer reviews of Sawtooth guitars
One of the best insights into the quality and reliability of a guitar brand is through customer reviews. Sawtooth guitars have garnered quite the following, and many musicians have taken to the internet to share their thoughts and experiences with these instruments.
Here are some common themes found in customer reviews of Sawtooth guitars:
Pros and Cons of Sawtooth Guitars
- Good value for the price
- Quality sound and playability
- Beautiful finishes
- Durable construction
- Occasional quality control issues
- Some models may require upgrades to reach their full potential
Many customers have praised the value that Sawtooth guitars provide for their price point. Reviews frequently mention the excellent sound quality, playability, and overall construction of Sawtooth guitars. Musicians have been impressed with the beautiful finishes available on these instruments, as well as the durability of their construction.
However, some customers have reported quality control issues with their Sawtooth guitars, such as loose hardware or improperly set-up instruments. Additionally, a few customers have mentioned that some models may require upgrades to reach their full potential, such as swapping out pickups or upgrading the tuning machines for better tuning stability.
Sample Customer Review Ratings
|Sawtooth Acoustic Dreadnought Guitar with Natural Top||4.5/5 stars||“This guitar exceeded my expectations. It has a wonderful full sound and a beautiful finish. You can’t beat the price for the quality you get with this guitar. Highly recommend!”|
|Sawtooth Contemporary Electric Guitar in Black Pearl||4/5 stars||“Overall, this is a great beginner guitar. It has a good sound and it’s easy to play. However, the pickups could be better and the tuning machines don’t hold tuning as well as they could. Still, for the price, you can’t go wrong with this guitar.”|
|Sawtooth Heritage Series Flame Maple Top Electric Guitar in Tobacco Burst||5/5 stars||“I absolutely love this guitar. The finish is gorgeous, and the sound and playability are top-notch. I’ve been playing for years, and this is one of the best guitars I’ve ever owned. Highly recommend!”|
Overall, customer reviews suggest that Sawtooth guitars offer a good value for the price, with quality sound, playability, and construction. While there may be occasional quality control issues or necessary upgrades for certain models, many customers are satisfied with their Sawtooth guitars and would recommend them to others.
Comparison of Sawtooth to other budget guitar brands
When it comes to budget guitar brands, Sawtooth is often mentioned alongside other popular brands such as Squier and Epiphone. Here’s a closer look at how Sawtooth compares to its competitors:
- Price: Sawtooth guitars are generally more affordable compared to Squier and Epiphone. While all brands offer guitars at different price points, Sawtooth’s entry-level guitars are priced lower than its competitors.
- Quality: Sawtooth guitars are known for their solid build quality, with many reviews praising the guitars’ sound and overall feel. Squier and Epiphone also produce quality guitars, but at higher price points.
- Variety: While Sawtooth offers a decent selection of guitars, Squier and Epiphone have a wider range of models and styles to choose from. This can be a deciding factor for players looking for a specific sound or design.
Ultimately, the choice between Sawtooth and its competitors depends on the individual player’s needs and preferences. Sawtooth offers affordable and well-built guitars, making it a solid choice for beginner to intermediate players. For those willing to spend a bit more, Squier and Epiphone provide even higher quality instruments with a wider range of options to choose from.
Here’s a quick comparison table:
|Price||Affordable||Moderate to high||Moderate to high|
|Quality||Well-built||High quality||High quality|
|Variety||Decent||Wide range||Wide range|
Regardless of the brand, it’s important to choose a guitar that feels comfortable to play and produces the sound you’re looking for. It’s always a good idea to try out a few different guitars before making a final decision.
Sawtooth Guitar Models and Specifications
If you are looking for a reliable and high-performing guitar brand, Sawtooth is a great option. They offer a wide variety of guitar models, each with unique specifications that cater to different playing styles and preferences. Here are some of their popular guitar models and their specifications:
- Sawtooth Modern Series – this series features solid alder bodies, maple necks, and Seymour Duncan pickups for a powerful and versatile tone. The Modern Series also offers a variety of top woods, such as quilt maple, burl maple, and spalted maple, for a visually stunning look.
- Sawtooth Heritage Series – this series features classic designs with modern upgrades, such as a mahogany body and neck, and a rosewood fingerboard. The Heritage Series also offers dual humbucking pickups for a warm and rich tone.
- Sawtooth ES Series – this series offers affordable and beginner-friendly options, including the ES Series Semi-Hollow Body and the ES Series Solid Body. These guitars feature a variety of finishes and a Tune-O-Matic bridge for easy adjusting and intonation.
Aside from their great guitar models, Sawtooth also offers a variety of specifications that cater to different playing styles and preferences. Here are some of their popular specifications:
- Floyd Rose Tremolo – provides stable tuning even with heavy tremolo use.
- Jumbo Frets – allows for easier and more accurate finger placement on the fretboard.
- Coil Tapping – allows for versatile tone options by splitting humbucking pickups into single-coil pickups.
To get a better idea of Sawtooth’s guitar models and specifications, take a look at the table below:
|Guitar Model||Body Wood||Neck Wood||Fingerboard Wood||Pickups||Special Features|
|Modern Series||Alder or Mahogany||Maple||Maple or Ebony||Seymour Duncan||Top Woods Available, Coil Tapping|
|Heritage Series||Mahogany||Mahogany||Rosewood||Humbucking||Classic Design, Dual Cutaways|
|ES Series Semi-Hollow Body||Maple||Maple||Rosewood||Humbucking||Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Center Block|
|ES Series Solid Body||Basswood||Maple||Rosewood||Humbucking or Single-Coil||Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Budget-Friendly|
Overall, Sawtooth is a great guitar brand that offers quality and versatility in their guitar models and specifications. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned player, there’s a Sawtooth guitar that will suit your needs.
Sawtooth Acoustic Guitar vs. Electric Guitar
When it comes to choosing between an acoustic or electric guitar, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and the style of music you plan on playing. Sawtooth Guitars offers a range of quality options in both categories, making it a great brand to consider for whichever type of guitar you decide to go with.
- Tone: Acoustic guitars produce a more natural, warm tone, while electric guitars have a sharper, more versatile sound due to the ability to manipulate sound with built-in amplification systems.
- Playability: Acoustic guitars tend to have thicker necks and high action, making them slightly more challenging to play for beginners. Electric guitars have a thinner neck and lower action, making them more comfortable for beginners to play.
- Maintenace: Acoustic guitars require less maintenance since they don’t have any electrical components, and the strings have a longer lifespan. Electric guitars need more maintenance to keep the electronics and amplifiers in proper working condition, and the strings need to be changed more frequently.
Overall, both acoustic and electric guitars offer unique playing experiences and have their pros and cons. Whether you choose a Sawtooth acoustic or electric guitar, you can be confident in the quality and craftsmanship that the brand offers.
If you’re still unsure which type of guitar to choose, consider trying out both at a music store or borrowing from a friend to see which one feels more comfortable and suits your playing style better.
|Acoustic Guitar||Electric Guitar|
|Natural, warm tone||Sharp, versatile sound|
|Thicker neck, higher action||Thinner neck, lower action|
|Less maintenance||More maintenance|
Remember, no matter which type of Sawtooth guitar you choose, the brand offers quality instruments at affordable prices, making it a great option for musicians of all skill levels.
Sawtooth Guitar Accessories and Merchandise
Sawtooth is not just a brand that produces high-quality guitars, but also offers accessories and merchandise that guitar players need and want. These items can enhance your playing experience, help you take care of your guitar, and allow you to show off your Sawtooth pride. Here are some of the accessories and merchandise that Sawtooth offers:
- Guitar Straps: Sawtooth offers a variety of guitar straps that are both stylish and functional. Whether you prefer a leather strap or a more colorful one, these straps will keep your guitar secure while you play.
- Guitar Picks: Sawtooth guitar picks come in different gauges and colors. They are made of high-quality materials that give you a comfortable grip and allow you to produce a clear, crisp sound.
- Guitar Cases: Protect your Sawtooth guitar with a sturdy guitar case. Sawtooth offers hard and soft cases that provide excellent protection for your guitar during transport.
Moreover, Sawtooth also offers a range of merchandise that can help you show off your Sawtooth pride and support the brand:
Guitar T-Shirts and Hats: These accessories will not only protect you from the sun while you’re playing outside but also look great and show off your affinity for Sawtooth. Made of high-quality materials, these shirts and hats are comfortable to wear and are available in different styles and colors.
If you’re looking for a great gift for a guitar player or just want to enhance your playing experience and show off your style, Sawtooth accessories and merchandise are perfect for you. Check them out and see how they can add a new level of enjoyment to your guitar playing.
Artist Endorsements for Sawtooth Guitars
Sawtooth guitars have been making waves in the music industry and have gained a following of devoted fans. This is evident in the number of popular musicians who endorse the brand and use Sawtooth guitars on stage and in the studio. Here are some of the artists who have endorsed Sawtooth:
- Slash, the legendary guitarist of Guns N’ Roses, is a proud endorser of Sawtooth guitars. He has been seen playing the brand on stage during his performances.
- Mike Mushok of Staind is another famous musician who has endorsed Sawtooth guitars. He has praised the brand for its affordability and sound quality, making it an ideal choice for musicians on a budget.
- David Ellefson, the bass player of Megadeth, is also a proud endorser of Sawtooth guitars. He has been using the brand’s bass guitars in his performances and has even collaborated with Sawtooth on a signature series of basses.
Aside from these well-known musicians, Sawtooth has also collaborated with up-and-coming artists who share the brand’s passion for music and innovation. The company has a roster of talented artists who use their guitars and promote the brand on their social media platforms.
Artist endorsements are an important part of the music industry and can help bring attention to lesser-known brands. With the support of well-respected musicians, Sawtooth guitars have been able to gain more recognition and reach a wider audience.
To see more artists who endorse Sawtooth guitars, check out their website and social media pages.
Sawtooth Guitar Repair and Maintenance
If you own a Sawtooth guitar, it’s important to keep it in good condition to ensure optimal sound quality and longevity. Here are nine tips to help you repair and maintain your Sawtooth guitar:
- 1. Clean your guitar regularly, wiping down the strings and fretboard with a microfiber cloth after each use to remove dirt and oil buildup.
- 2. Use guitar polish to buff the body and neck of your guitar for a shiny finish.
- 3. Check your guitar’s intonation regularly by testing the tuning of each string at the 12th fret. Adjust as necessary to ensure proper pitch.
- 4. Replace your guitar strings every few months or as needed. Old strings can affect sound quality and playability.
- 5. Check your guitar’s hardware such as the tuning pegs, bridge, and pickups for any loose screws or damage. Tighten or replace parts as necessary.
- 6. Keep your guitar in a stable environment away from extreme temperatures or humidity levels that can damage the wood and internal components.
- 7. Store your guitar in a case when not in use to protect it from dust and accidental damage.
- 8. Bring your guitar to a professional for major repairs or adjustments such as fretwork or pickup replacement.
- 9. Learn basic guitar repair skills such as adjusting the truss rod, replacing a nut or saddle, and wiring your guitar’s electronics. These skills can save you money and time in the long run.
Sawtooth Guitar Maintenance Checklist
Here’s a handy table to help you keep track of your Sawtooth guitar’s maintenance needs:
|Clean guitar strings and fretboard||After each use|
|Polish guitar body and neck||Monthly|
|Check guitar intonation||Every 1-2 months|
|Replace guitar strings||Every 3-6 months or as needed|
|Check guitar hardware||Every 6 months|
|Store guitar in stable environment||Ongoing|
|Use guitar case||When not in use|
|Bring guitar to professional for repairs||As needed|
|Learn basic guitar repair skills||Ongoing|
By following these maintenance tips and keeping track of your guitar’s needs, you can ensure that your Sawtooth guitar stays in prime playing condition for years to come.
Sawtooth Guitar Resale Value
For guitar players, the resale value of their instruments is an important consideration. It’s essential to invest in a guitar brand that will hold its value over time. Overall, the resale value of a Sawtooth guitar is good, particularly when compared to other beginner-level guitar brands. Sawtooth guitars are a great choice for those looking for a budget-friendly option that will retain its value.
- Sawtooth guitars offer excellent value for money, which means they often sell for close to the original price, even after years of use.
- Unlike other budget guitar brands, Sawtooth instruments are made with quality materials, which helps to preserve their value over time.
- Sawtooth guitars are highly sought after by new guitar players, so there is always a strong demand for them in the secondhand market.
When selling a Sawtooth guitar, it’s important to keep it in good condition, as this will help it to sell more quickly and for a higher price. This means regularly cleaning the fretboard, keeping the strings clean, and ensuring that the guitar is stored in a humidity-controlled environment when not in use. Some players also choose to upgrade their Sawtooth guitar with better pickups or other hardware, which can increase the resale value of the instrument.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly guitar brand that will hold its value over time, Sawtooth guitars are definitely worth considering. Not only are they well-made and sound great, but they also offer a good return on investment. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, a Sawtooth guitar will be a valuable addition to your collection for years to come.
|Good value for money||Limited model range|
|High demand in the secondhand market||May require upgrades for advanced players|
|Quality materials and construction|
Overall, the pros of purchasing a Sawtooth guitar outweigh the cons, making it a great choice for those looking for a budget-friendly option with a good resale value.
Is Sawtooth a Good Guitar Brand FAQs
1. What makes Sawtooth guitars different from other brands?
Sawtooth guitars are known for their unique designs and exceptional quality. They use high-quality materials to create durable and reliable guitars that produce great sound.
2. Are Sawtooth guitars suitable for beginners?
Yes, Sawtooth guitars are great for beginners. They offer a range of affordable options that are easy to play, making them a great choice for those just starting with the instrument.
3. How do Sawtooth guitars compare to other popular brands?
While Sawtooth guitars may not have the same recognition as some of the bigger names in the industry, they still offer great quality and value for money. They often compete well against other popular brands in terms of sound and playability.
4. What is the build quality of Sawtooth guitars like?
Sawtooth guitars are known for their exceptional build quality. They use high-quality materials, such as solid wood and metal components, to create durable and long-lasting guitars.
5. Do Sawtooth guitars require any special maintenance?
Like any guitar, Sawtooth guitars require regular maintenance to keep them in good condition. This includes cleaning and oiling the fretboard, as well as tuning and adjusting the strings as required.
6. Are Sawtooth guitars good for playing live music?
Yes, Sawtooth guitars are great for playing live music. They offer a range of styles and sizes that are suitable for different types of gigs, from intimate acoustic performances to full-band shows.
7. What is the price range for Sawtooth guitars?
Sawtooth guitars offer a range of affordable options, with prices typically ranging from around $100 to $500 depending on the model and features.
We hope this FAQ has helped answer your questions about Sawtooth guitars. With their exceptional quality and unique designs, they are definitely worth considering for any aspiring or seasoned guitar player. Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to visit us again for more informative articles!