Are you in the market for a new acoustic guitar, but unsure which brand to choose from? Look no further than Orangewood – a rising star in the world of guitar manufacturing. With a focus on affordability without sacrificing quality, Orangewood delivers an exceptional playing experience that will make you fall in love with your instrument all over again.
What sets Orangewood apart from the competition is its commitment to using only the best materials for its guitars. From premium spruce tops to mahogany back and sides, Orangewood sources its wood from sustainable forests to ensure both high quality and environmental responsibility. The result is a warm, resonant sound that is unmatched at its price point.
But it’s not just the craftsmanship and sound quality that make Orangewood a good guitar brand – it’s the attention to detail. From the sleek design to the comfortable feel of the neck, every aspect of an Orangewood guitar has been carefully considered to provide an exceptional playing experience. Whether you are a professional musician or a beginner just starting out, an Orangewood guitar is the perfect choice to take your playing to the next level.
History of Orangewood Guitars
Orangewood Guitars is a relatively new guitar brand that was founded in Southern California in 2018. However, the company’s roots go back several decades to when a young Michael C De Silva, the founder’s father, purchased his first guitar while serving in the Sri Lankan military. After discovering his passion for music, he began importing guitars and eventually opened a guitar factory in Sri Lanka.
Years later, Michael’s son, Hozen, would follow in his father’s footsteps and start his own guitar manufacturing company in California. After years of experience and dedication to creating high-quality guitars, Hozen founded Orangewood Guitars with the goal of creating affordable yet exceptional-sounding guitars for musicians of all levels.
- Hozen’s background in guitar manufacturing and a passion for creating affordable high-quality acoustic guitars.
- Orangewood’s mission of being “the go-to guitar for everyone.”
- The brand’s dedication to using sustainably sourced, all-solid woods in their guitars.
Since its launch, Orangewood Guitars has quickly gained a reputation for producing some of the best acoustic guitars on the market. Their belief that every musician deserves a quality instrument has made them a favorite among beginners and professionals alike. With a focus on sustainability and a dedication to quality, Orangewood Guitars is quickly making a name for itself in the music industry.
|2018||Orangewood Guitars founded in Southern California|
|2020||Orangewood becomes the fastest-growing acoustic guitar brand in the US according to Reverb|
|2021||The brand expands its line of guitars to include ukuleles and electric guitars|
Overall, the history and growth of Orangewood Guitars is a testament to the power of passion, hard work, and dedication. With its commitment to affordability, quality, and sustainability, Orangewood Guitars is a brand that is sure to have a long and successful future ahead of it.
Orangewood vs. Other Acoustic Guitar Brands
When shopping for an acoustic guitar, it’s important to consider not only the brand but also the quality of the instrument. Orangewood has been gaining popularity in the guitar industry, but how does it compare to other well-known brands?
- Orangewood vs. Taylor
- Orangewood vs. Martin
- Orangewood vs. Yamaha
While Taylor is a well-respected brand in the guitar world, Orangewood offers comparable quality at a more affordable price point. Taylor guitars generally start at $1,000 and can go up to over $10,000, while Orangewood’s most expensive model is under $1,000. Additionally, Orangewood uses solid top wood for all their models, while some Taylor models only feature laminate top wood.
Martin is one of the oldest and most respected guitar brands, but their prices can be intimidating for beginner or intermediate players. Orangewood provides a more accessible option, with prices starting at just over $100 for their entry-level model. Martin’s basic models start at around $1,500. Additionally, Orangewood also uses solid top wood for all their guitars, while some Martin models use laminate top wood.
Yamaha is another popular brand for beginner and intermediate guitar players. While Yamaha offers a wider range of prices and models, Orangewood’s mid-range guitars (around $500) can compete with Yamaha’s offerings. Orangewood also prides itself on hand-inspected quality control for every guitar that leaves their facility.
Orangewood’s Unique Features
Beyond their affordability and quality, Orangewood offers some unique features that set them apart from other acoustic guitar brands.
Firstly, all of their models come with a gig bag included, making it easy for players to bring their guitar on the go. They also offer a free restring and adjustment for all new guitars, giving players peace of mind and ensuring their instrument is in top shape.
|Top Wood||Solid Wood||Some Models Laminated||Some Models Laminated||Some Models Laminated|
|Accessories Included||Gig Bag||None||None||None, But Offer Accessory Kit for Purchase|
While there are certainly other reputable acoustic guitar brands on the market, Orangewood offers a unique combination of affordability, quality, and unique features that make them stand out from the crowd.
Types of Orangewood Guitars
Orangewood guitars are a popular choice among musicians, especially those who are just starting out or on a tight budget. They offer a great combination of quality and affordability, and come in a range of models to suit different playing styles and preferences. Here are the different types of Orangewood guitars that you can choose from:
- Acoustic Guitars
- Electric Guitars
- Bass Guitars
Acoustic guitars are the most popular type of guitar, and Orangewood offers a range of models to suit different playing styles. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, you’re sure to find an Orangewood acoustic guitar that suits your needs. The Orangewood Oliver Jr. Mahogany is a popular model that is known for its rich, warm tone and comfortable playability.
Electric guitars are ideal for those who want to play rock, metal, or other types of music that require a distorted sound. Orangewood offers a range of electric guitars that cater to different preferences, from the sleek and stylish Echo to the larger and more powerful Brooklyn.
Bass guitars are designed for those who want to play basslines in a band or as part of their solo act. Orangewood offers a range of bass guitars that are affordable and easy to play, including the solidly built Echo and the versatile Austin.
If you’re looking for a specific type of Orangewood guitar, you can refer to this table to help you find the right model for your needs:
|Oliver Jr. Mahogany||Acoustic||A small-bodied guitar with a rich, warm tone and comfortable playability.|
|Echo||Electric/Bass||A sleek and stylish guitar/bass that is easy to play and produces a versatile sound.|
|Brooklyn||Electric||A larger and more powerful guitar that is designed for rock and metal music.|
|Austin||Bass||A versatile bass guitar that is easy to play and produces a rich, full sound.|
Overall, Orangewood guitars are a great choice for musicians who want quality instruments at an affordable price. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, you’re sure to find a model that suits your needs and preferences.
Orangewood Guitar Materials
The quality of an acoustic guitar can often be traced back to the materials used in its construction. Orangewood guitars are made with great attention to detail, featuring high-quality woods that are carefully chosen to provide the best possible tone and playability.
Here are some of the materials you can expect to find in an Orangewood guitar:
- Solid Spruce Top: Most Orangewood guitars feature a solid spruce top, which is known for its brightness and clarity. This top wood is often paired with other tonewoods to create a well-rounded sound.
- Mahogany: This popular tonewood is known for its warm, rich sound. It is often used for the back and sides of acoustic guitars, adding depth and resonance to the instrument’s tone.
- Rosewood: Many Orangewood guitars have rosewood fingerboards and bridges. Rosewood is a dense and heavy wood that adds sustain and clarity to the guitar’s tone.
Orangewood guitars are also built using traditional techniques that ensure great playability. The necks are made with durable mahogany or maple and are designed for comfort and ease of use.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the materials you’re likely to find in an Orangewood guitar:
|Solid Spruce Top||Bright, clear tone||Great projection and responsiveness|
|Mahogany||Warm, rich sound||Deep, resonant tone|
|Rosewood||Dense wood with sustain and clarity||Adds sustain and clarity|
Overall, Orangewood guitars are built with quality materials and traditional construction techniques that ensure great playability and tone. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned musician, these guitars are a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality instrument at an affordable price.
Orangewood Guitar Sound Quality
If you are looking for a high-quality guitar that sounds great, then you should consider Orangewood guitars. Orangewood is a well-known brand that offers a range of guitars with different sound qualities, from warm and mellow to bright and crisp.
So, what makes the sound quality of Orangewood guitars so impressive? Let’s take a look at some of the factors that contribute to the sound quality of Orangewood guitars:
- Materials: Orangewood guitars are made from high-quality materials, such as solid spruce or mahogany, which have a direct impact on the sound quality. These materials produce a rich, full-bodied tone that is both warm and bright.
- Craftsmanship: Orangewood guitars are handcrafted with great care and attention to detail, ensuring that each guitar produces a consistent, high-quality sound. The attention to detail is evident in the guitar’s construction, fretwork, and finish.
- Design: Orangewood guitars are designed with the sound quality in mind. The body shape, bracing, and neck shape all have an impact on the final sound quality. The design of Orangewood guitars ensures that they produce a balanced sound with good sustain.
These factors come together to produce a high-quality sound that is warm, rich, and full-bodied. Orangewood guitars are suitable for a range of playing styles, from fingerpicking to strumming.
If you are looking for a guitar with impressive sound quality, then you should definitely consider an Orangewood guitar. With their high-quality materials, expert craftsmanship, and thoughtful design, Orangewood guitars produce a sound that is sure to impress.
Orangewood Guitar Playability
Playability is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a guitar. A guitar that is easy to play can help you learn and create music more efficiently. Compared to other guitars within the same price range, Orangewood guitars’ playability is impressive. Here are some reasons why:
- The action (string height) on Orangewood guitars is comfortable. It is not too high, which can make it difficult to push down the strings, or too low, which can cause buzzing.
- The neck profile is sleek, making it easy to move your fingers up and down the fretboard. It’s not too thick, which can cause discomfort, or too thin, which can make it difficult to get a good grip.
- The frets are well-polished, making it easy to slide your fingers across them. This also prevents hand fatigue and soreness that can come from playing a guitar with rough or poorly polished frets.
Overall, Orangewood guitars offer a comfortable and enjoyable playing experience that can enhance your skills and creativity.
Orangewood Guitar Reviews
If you’re looking for a new guitar, you might be wondering whether Orangewood is a good brand to consider. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve gathered information from various reviews and sources to give you a clear picture of what to expect from this guitar brand.
Pros and Cons of Orangewood Guitars
- Excellent value for money
- Great sound quality
- Good construction and durability
- Limited options for different models and styles
- Customer service could be more responsive
- Some issues reported with intonation and setup
Customer Reviews of Orangewood Guitars
Many guitar players who have tried Orangewood models have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of sound and construction. Some have even compared them favorably to guitars that cost significantly more. However, there have been some complaints about issues with setup or the guitar’s intonation. Nonetheless, most customers seem to feel that Orangewood offers a great value for the price.
Top Orangewood Guitar Models
If you’re interested in trying out an Orangewood guitar, there are a few models that consistently receive high ratings. These include:
|Sage||Dreadnought acoustic with solid spruce top and mahogany sides/back||$295-$395|
|Rey||Concert acoustic-electric with solid spruce top and mahogany sides/back||$395-$495|
|Oliver||Grand concert acoustic with solid mahogany top and mahogany sides/back||$395-$495|
All of these models offer excellent sound quality for their price range and are well-built and durable.
Orangewood Guitar Prices
Orangewood guitars are known for their quality sound and affordability, making them an attractive option for both beginners and intermediate players. With a range of options to choose from, Orangewood guitars come at varying price points to cater to different budgets. Here’s what you need to know about Orangewood guitar prices.
- Entry-level: Orangewood guitars in this category are priced between $125 and $295. These are perfect for beginners who are just starting out with the instrument and need a reliable guitar to practice on.
- Mid-range: The mid-range category for Orangewood guitars is priced between $295 and $495. These guitars are a step-up from entry-level models and offer a better overall playing experience.
- High-end: Orangewood’s high-end guitars are priced at $495 and above. These guitars are crafted with the highest quality materials and offer exceptional tone and playability, making them a great option for professional musicians or serious players with a larger budget.
It’s worth noting that Orangewood guitars offer great value for money, even in their entry-level options. Their guitars are not only affordable, but they also come with free shipping and a 30-day money-back guarantee. This makes it easy for players to try out an Orangewood guitar without worrying about additional costs or buyer’s remorse.
Below is a table that provides a breakdown of Orangewood guitar prices and what you can expect from each price category.
|$125 – $295||Entry-level models, laminated woods, basic appointments|
|$295 – $495||Mid-range models, solid wood tops, upgraded hardware|
|$495 and above||High-end models, solid wood construction, premium hardware and electronics|
Overall, Orangewood guitars offer a good balance of affordability and quality, making them a great option for players of all skill levels. Their range of guitars at different price points ensures that there’s an Orangewood guitar for every player and budget.
Orangewood Guitar Warranty and Customer Service
Orangewood Guitars is not only known for their high-quality instruments, but also for their exceptional customer service and warranty programs. Here’s everything you need to know about Orangewood’s warranty and customer service:
- Orangewood Guitars offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their guitars, which covers any defects or malfunctions caused by faulty materials or workmanship. This warranty is transferrable, meaning it can be passed on to the new owner if you decide to sell your guitar.
- To register your warranty, all you need to do is fill out a simple form on Orangewood’s website and provide proof of purchase. Once registered, you’ll have access to their customer service team and can easily file a claim if needed.
- Orangewood’s customer service team is known for being helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable. Whether you have a question about your guitar or need to file a warranty claim, they’re there to assist you every step of the way.
But that’s not all – Orangewood also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of their guitars. If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of receiving it.
Overall, Orangewood’s commitment to customer satisfaction is a huge part of why they’ve become such a trusted and respected guitar brand. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, you can feel confident in your purchase knowing that you have the support of a dedicated customer service team and a lifetime warranty to back you up.
|– Limited lifetime warranty||– Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear|
|– Easy registration process||– Some customers have reported slow response times from customer service team|
|– 30-day money-back guarantee|
Overall, Orangewood’s warranty and customer service offerings are impressive and set them apart from many other guitar brands on the market. If you’re in the market for a new guitar and want the peace of mind that comes with a lifetime warranty and excellent customer support, Orangewood is a brand worth considering.
Orangewood Guitar Accessories
Orangewood guitars are known for their exceptional sound quality and beautiful design. However, what sets Orangewood apart from other guitar brands is their wide range of guitar accessories that can enhance the playing experience for guitar enthusiasts. Let’s take a closer look at some of the best Orangewood guitar accessories:
- Guitar Cases: To protect your guitar during transport, Orangewood offers top-quality hard and soft cases. Made from durable materials, these cases are designed to withstand the rigors of travel while keeping your guitar safe and secure.
- Guitar Straps: Orangewood guitar straps are designed for players of all levels. Made from high-quality materials, these straps are comfortable to wear and provide excellent support for your guitar.
- Guitar Strings: Orangewood guitar strings are designed to deliver a warm, rich sound that is perfect for all genres of music. These strings are also durable and long-lasting, so you won’t have to replace them frequently.
- Guitar Picks: Orangewood guitar picks are made from a range of materials, including celluloid, tortoise shell, and nylon. These picks are designed to provide excellent tone and playability, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit every player’s needs.
- Guitar Tuners: Orangewood offers a range of guitar tuners that are perfect for players of all levels. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, you will find a tuner that meets your needs.
- Guitar Cables: Orangewood guitar cables are designed to deliver excellent sound quality and eliminate unwanted noise. These cables are also durable and built to last, so you can rely on them for years to come.
- Guitar Humidifiers: Orangewood guitar humidifiers are designed to keep your guitar in top condition, even in dry environments. Made from high-quality materials, these humidifiers are easy to use and come in a range of sizes to suit different guitars.
- Guitar Cleaning Kits: Orangewood offers a range of guitar cleaning kits that are designed to keep your guitar looking and sounding its best. These kits include everything you need to clean your guitar, including polishes, cloths, and other essential tools.
- Guitar Stands: Orangewood guitar stands are designed to provide excellent support for your guitar while also being visually appealing. Made from high-quality materials, these stands are durable and built to last.
- Guitar Capos: Orangewood guitar capos are designed to make it easy to play your guitar in different keys. Made from high-quality materials, these capos provide excellent tone and playability.
If you are looking for high-quality guitar accessories, Orangewood is an excellent choice. With a range of accessories to suit every player’s needs, you are sure to find something that enhances your playing experience. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, Orangewood accessories can help you play better and sound better.
|Guitar Cases||To protect your guitar during transport, Orangewood offers top-quality hard and soft cases.|
|Guitar Straps||Orangewood guitar straps are designed for players of all levels. Made from high-quality materials, these straps are comfortable to wear and provide excellent support for your guitar.|
|Guitar Strings||Orangewood guitar strings are designed to deliver a warm, rich sound that is perfect for all genres of music.|
|Guitar Picks||Orangewood guitar picks are made from a range of materials, including celluloid, tortoise shell, and nylon.|
|Guitar Tuners||Orangewood offers a range of guitar tuners that are perfect for players of all levels.|
|Guitar Cables||Orangewood guitar cables are designed to deliver excellent sound quality and eliminate unwanted noise.|
|Guitar Humidifiers||Orangewood guitar humidifiers are designed to keep your guitar in top condition, even in dry environments.|
|Guitar Cleaning Kits||Orangewood offers a range of guitar cleaning kits that are designed to keep your guitar looking and sounding its best.|
|Guitar Stands||Orangewood guitar stands are designed to provide excellent support for your guitar while also being visually appealing.|
|Guitar Capos||Orangewood guitar capos are designed to make it easy to play your guitar in different keys.|
Overall, Orangewood guitar accessories are designed to enhance your playing experience and help you play better and sound better. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, investing in Orangewood accessories is a smart decision that will pay off in the long run.
Is Orangewood a Good Guitar Brand? FAQs
1. What sets Orangewood apart from other guitar brands?
Orangewood stands out for offering high-quality guitars at a more affordable price point than many other top guitar brands. They also prioritize sustainability, using responsibly-sourced woods and eco-friendly packaging.
2. Does Orangewood offer a variety of guitar types and models?
Yes, Orangewood offers a range of acoustic guitar models, including dreadnought, grand auditorium, and concert sizes. They also offer cutaway models, nylon-string guitars, and left-handed models.
3. How does an Orangewood guitar sound?
Orangewood guitars consistently receive positive reviews for their sound, with many customers noting the rich and well-balanced tone. Their guitars are designed to project well and be responsive to a variety of playing styles.
4. Are Orangewood guitars durable?
Yes, Orangewood uses solid wood tops and laminated back and sides in their guitars to ensure durability and longevity. They also offer a lifetime warranty on all their instruments.
5. Can Orangewood guitars be played by beginner guitarists?
Absolutely. In fact, Orangewood is a great option for beginner guitarists as their instruments offer high quality at a more affordable price point. They also offer guitar bundles with everything a new player needs to get started.
6. How does Orangewood compare to more expensive guitar brands?
While Orangewood may not have the same prestige as some of the more expensive guitar brands, they often receive similar reviews for sound quality and craftsmanship. For many players, the affordability of Orangewood guitars is a huge advantage.
7. Are Orangewood guitars a good value for the price?
Yes, many customers praise Orangewood for offering high-quality guitars at a lower price point than many of the more established guitar brands. The combination of affordability and quality makes Orangewood a great value for guitarists of all levels.
Closing Thoughts: Thanks for Reading!
We hope this article has helped answer your questions about Orangewood as a guitar brand. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, Orangewood offers quality instruments at an affordable price point. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back for more articles on music, gear, and all things guitar.