Tagima is a brand that needs no introduction in the world of music lovers and enthusiasts. It is a firm favorite among those who love electric guitars and provides excellent quality instruments at a very reasonable price. This brand has taken ownership of a massive chunk of the music instrument market over the years, and for good reasons.
If you’re on the fence about whether Tagima is worth your investment, then let me tell you that this brand is a real gem. The company prides itself on its attention to detail, innovation, and design, which is why it’s loved by many. The quality of their products is exceptional, and they’re a perfect choice for both beginners and professionals alike.
Tagima’s reputation for being a great brand has been in existence for a while now, and it’s no surprise that many people are drawn to it. Their electric guitars’ exceptional sound quality is one of the primary reasons why they have a loyal fan base. You can’t go wrong with Tagima as they’ve established themselves over the years as a brand you can trust.
History of Tagima as a brand
Tagima is a Brazilian musical instrument manufacturer that was founded in 1996 by a group of musicians and entrepreneurs. The company’s main objective was to manufacture musical instruments that could meet the demands of the Brazilian market, which at the time was dominated by imported brands.
The name Tagima comes from the initials of its founder, Seizi Tagima. Seizi was a renowned guitar luthier who had previously worked with other companies such as Giannini and Yamaha. With the support of his son Felipe, Seizi Tagima set out to create a brand that would be recognized for its quality, innovation, and affordability.
Today, Tagima is one of the largest musical instrument manufacturers in Brazil and has gained international recognition for its guitars, basses, and other instruments. The company has a wide range of models to suit all musical styles and skill levels, from entry-level instruments to high-end professional guitars.
Tagima’s Manufacturing Process
Tagima is a renowned Brazilian brand in the music industry, known for producing a wide range of musical instruments, including electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitars, and ukuleles. One of the reasons why Tagima has gained a reputation for making quality instruments is because of their rigorous manufacturing process.
- Design and Prototyping: Before any product hits the production stage, Tagima’s team of qualified designers comes up with the blueprint for the instrument. They use advanced software to produce a 3D model that acts as the visual representation of the actual instrument. Once the designers refine their designs to perfection, Tagima creates prototypes.
- Wood Selection: The type of wood used in the construction of musical instruments plays a significant role in determining the instrument’s overall sound quality. Tagima’s team of experts selects the highest quality wood, such as mahogany, ash, maple, rosewood, and others, to achieve a balanced tone.
- Cutting and Shaping: Using advanced machinery, Tagima cuts and shapes the wood into different parts of the instrument, such as the neck, body, fingerboard, and headstock. This process is critical, ensuring that each piece fits together seamlessly to produce a quality instrument.
Once the pieces are shaped, they undergo a rigorous sanding process to smooth out the edges, followed by an inspection to ensure they meet Tagima’s quality standards.
After that, the parts proceed to the assembly stage, where the team fits them together and installs hardware, such as pickups, tuners, and bridges. Once assembled, a final luthier inspects the instrument to ensure it meets Tagima’s strict quality standards.
Through this meticulous process, Tagima produces high-quality instruments that stand out in sound, durability, and playability. It’s no wonder that these instruments have earned a reputation among musicians worldwide and are used by renowned guitarists such as Kiko Loureiro and Edu Ardanuy.
Tagima’s commitment to quality is evident throughout their manufacturing process, ensuring that every instrument produced is of high quality. From the selection of the best wood to the final inspection, Tagima’s quality control measure ensures that every instrument that leaves their factory is exceptional. This attention to detail and dedication to producing quality instruments make Tagima one of the good brands in the music industry.
|Design and Prototyping||Creating a 3D model that acts as the visual representation of the actual instrument.|
|Wood Selection:||Selecting the highest quality wood, such as mahogany, ash, maple, rosewood, and others, to achieve a balanced tone.|
|Cutting and Shaping:||Tagima cuts and shapes the wood into different parts of the instrument, such as the neck, body, fingerboard, and headstock.|
|Assembly:||The team fits the parts together and installs hardware, such as pickups, tuners, and bridges.|
|Inspection:||Final inspection to ensure the instrument meets Tagima’s strict quality standards.|
Image source: Tagima Official Website
Tagima’s Product Line
Tagima is a brand that specializes in manufacturing high-quality musical instruments. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, the brand has established itself as a reliable source of musical equipment among enthusiasts. Tagima’s product line includes a wide range of guitars, basses, and accessories.
- Guitars: Tagima has a diverse range of guitars, catering to beginner to professional guitarist needs. The brand offers electric, acoustic, classical, and semi-acoustic guitars. Their TLP Flamed Electric Guitar, TG-530 Electric Guitar, and TW-55 Acoustic Guitar are some of their most popular products.
- Basses: The brand has a variety of bass models, including four, five, and six-string builds. Tagima’s TW61 Série Signature was designed and developed in collaboration with the legendary bass player Arthur Maia.
- Accessories: Tagima also produces accessories such as strings, picks, straps, and cases. Their Tagima GT-2 Guitar Tuner, Tagima Classic Leather Strap, and Tagima TSK-10 Pick Set are a few examples of their accessory products.
Tagima’s focus on product diversity is apparent through their varied offerings. The brand has a reputation for producing high-quality instruments and accessories that appeal to different types of musicians, from beginners to intermediates to professionals.
Tagima Production Quality
Tagima is known for their attention to quality and their production process. They always make sure that their products go through several quality assurance tests before they make it to the shelves. Their skilled technicians work on each product, ensuring that every step of the manufacturing process is up to their standards.
Here is a brief table to highlight the quality standards and production process of Tagima:
|Quality Standards||Production Process|
|Uses high-quality materials||Design department creates 2D and 3D models|
|Manufacturing procedures are standardized||Many operations are performed manually|
|Highly skilled workforce to ensure precision||Parts are assembled piece by piece|
|Products are rigorously tested before release||Stringent quality control procedures|
As a result, Tagima has a high level of customer satisfaction that reflects their commitment to quality and precision in their products.
The Quality of Tagima Guitars
Tagima is a renowned guitar brand that has been producing guitars since 1986. Their guitars are known for their unique designs and innovative approach to guitar making. One of the main factors contributing to Tagima’s popularity is the premium quality of their guitars.
- Use of High-Quality Materials: Tagima guitars are made of high-quality tonewoods such as maple, mahogany, and rosewood. These materials provide a rich, warm tone and ensure the durability and longevity of the guitar.
- Precision Craftsmanship: Tagima guitars are manufactured with precision craftsmanship to ensure that every guitar produced meets the highest standards of quality. The attention to detail and the expertise of the craftsmen involved in the production process result in guitars with exceptional playability, sound, and finish.
- Innovative Designs: Tagima’s innovative and attractive designs have attracted many guitar enthusiasts. Their guitars are available in various styles such as acoustic, electric, and bass. Additionally, their guitars have unique features such as double cutaway bodies, fanned frets, and their signature “T” logo inlays.
Aside from the materials and craftsmanship used in the production of Tagima guitars, the brand is also known for its quality assurance practices to ensure that only the best quality guitars reach their customers. Every guitar undergoes standard quality control checks, including playability, sound, intonation, and finish. This guarantees that the customer receives a guitar that not only looks great but also sounds exceptional.
|Tagima Guitar Models||Quality Features|
|Tagima TG-530||Contoured Set-Neck, Solid Alder Body, Fanned Frets, and Wilkinson Bridge|
|Tagima T-635||Maple Neck and Fingerboard, Alnico V Pickups, and Classic Tremolo|
|Tagima TW-66||Double Cutaway Body, Solid Linden Body, and SSS Pickups|
Overall, the quality of Tagima guitars is unquestionable and has made the brand a popular choice among professional musicians and guitar enthusiasts. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced guitar player, Tagima guitars offer a combination of quality, playability, and performance that is hard to match.
Tagima’s Reputation in the Industry
Tagima is a growing brand that has quickly gained a reputation for producing high-quality and affordable instruments. But what does the industry think of Tagima? Let’s take a closer look at their reputation in the industry.
- Popular Among Musicians: Tagima’s instruments are popular among musicians of all skill levels. They are commonly praised for their tone, playability, and design.
- Internationally Recognized: Tagima is a Brazilian brand, but they have gained international recognition over the years. Their instruments are sold in several countries worldwide, including the United States, Canada, and Japan.
- Endorsed by Famous Artists: Tagima has earned endorsements from several famous musicians, including Ivan Lins, Roger Lima, and Kiko Loureiro. This has helped further elevate their reputation in the industry.
Tagima’s instruments are often compared to more expensive brands, and they tend to hold their own in terms of quality and tone. As a result, the brand is becoming increasingly popular among players and gaining a reputation as a reliable and reputable alternative to higher-end instruments.
In addition to their instruments, Tagima is known for their excellent customer service and support. They offer an extensive warranty policy for their products and have a team of knowledgeable representatives who can assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have.
|High-quality materials and construction||Some models may have inconsistent quality control|
|Affordable price points||Not as widely available as some other brands|
|Excellent customer service and support|
Overall, Tagima has earned a positive reputation in the industry for producing high-quality and affordable instruments, as well as for their excellent customer service and support. While some models may have inconsistent quality control, this is a relatively minor issue when considering the overall value that Tagima instruments offer.
Tagima’s customer reviews and feedback
As an expert in the music industry, I have encountered countless guitar brands, and Tagima is one that has caught my attention. One of the best ways to determine the worth of a brand is to look at what its customers have to say. In this section, we will dissect Tagima’s customer reviews and feedback to see if it is truly a good brand.
Firstly, let’s take a look at the general sentiment of Tagima customers. According to online reviews and forums, most people are quite satisfied with the brand. Many musicians have praised Tagima for producing high-quality guitars that are both affordable and visually appealing. This is great news for anyone looking to purchase a guitar without breaking the bank.
Now, let’s dive into the specifics. Here are some pros and cons that Tagima customers have mentioned:
- – Great sound quality
- – Good value for money
- – Unique designs
- – Lightweight and easy to play
- – Durable and long-lasting
- – Inconsistent quality control
- – Some guitars require setup adjustments
It is important to note that the cons mentioned above are not prevalent among all Tagima guitars. As with any brand, some guitars may have manufacturing issues or require adjustments upon purchase. However, it seems that the majority of Tagima customers are satisfied with their purchases and would recommend the brand to others.
Another aspect to consider is Tagima’s customer service. In the event that a customer does encounter an issue with their guitar, it is important to have reliable and helpful customer service to turn to. From what we can gather, Tagima’s customer service has received positive reviews. Customers have reported that the company responds promptly to inquiries and does its best to resolve any issues.
Lastly, here is a table summarizing the ratings and reviews of some of Tagima’s best-selling guitars:
|Guitar Model||Rating||Positive Reviews||Negative Reviews|
|Tagima TW-66||4.5/5||– Great tone and playability||– Some fret buzz|
|Tagima TLP Flamed||4/5||– Beautiful finish and design||– Tuning stability issues|
|Tagima TW-61||4.8/5||– Excellent value for money||– None reported|
Overall, based on customer reviews and feedback, it seems that Tagima is indeed a good brand. With its combination of affordability, quality, and unique designs, Tagima guitars are a great option for both amateur and professional musicians alike.
Tagima’s Endorsement and Artist Collaborations
One of the indicators of a good music brand is the list of artists that endorse and collaborate with them. In this aspect, Tagima is a brand that has gained recognition from various artists in both local and international music scenes. Here are some of the notable endorsements and collaborations that Tagima has established:
- João Castilho: Castilho is a Brazilian guitarist and music producer who has worked with renowned Brazilian artists such as Ana Carolina, Lulu Santos, and Djavan. He has been a Tagima endorsee since 2007 and has collaborated in designing some of the brand’s guitar models, including the popular TW61.
- Fernando Vidal: Vidal is a Brazilian bassist who has performed with artists such as Jorge Ben Jor and Seu Jorge. He has been a Tagima endorsee for over 10 years and has collaborated in designing the TMJ4 signature bass guitar model.
- Frank Solari: Solari is an Argentinian guitarist and composer who has played with artists such as Fito Páez and Gustavo Cerati. He became a Tagima endorsee in 2018 and has collaborated in designing the Frank Solari signature guitar model.
Aside from these collaborations, Tagima has also partnered with various artists to produce limited edition guitar models, such as the Tagima J6 João Castilho Limited Edition and the Tagima JA1 Jorge Aragão Limited Edition. These collaborations show Tagima’s commitment to producing high-quality instruments that meet the standards of professional musicians.
Furthermore, the brand’s endorsement of young and upcoming musicians is also worth noting. Tagima has organized workshops and contests to support young musicians and has awarded them with Tagima instruments as prizes. This initiative not only helps aspiring musicians to acquire quality instruments but also fosters a culture of music appreciation.
|João Castilho||TW61 guitar model|
|Fernando Vidal||TMJ4 Signature Bass guitar model|
|Frank Solari||Frank Solari signature guitar model|
Overall, Tagima’s endorsement and collaborations with renowned musicians serve as a testament to the brand’s dedication to producing high-quality instruments that meet the demands of professional musicians. At the same time, their partnerships with young musicians demonstrate their commitment to promoting and supporting aspiring artists in the music industry.
Price Range of Tagima Products
Tagima is a Brazilian guitar brand that offers a range of instruments at different price points. Whether you’re a beginner looking for an affordable guitar or a professional musician searching for a high-end instrument, Tagima has something to offer.
- Entry-level guitars: Tagima’s entry-level guitars are aimed at beginners and are available at an affordable price range of $100-$300. These guitars are perfect for those who are just starting out, and they offer good quality for the price.
- Mid-range guitars: Tagima’s mid-range guitars are available at a price range of $300-$800. These guitars are suitable for intermediate players and offer better quality than the entry-level instruments.
- High-end guitars: Tagima’s high-end guitars come with a price tag of $800-$2,500, and they are designed for professional musicians. These instruments are made with premium materials and offer superior sound quality and playability.
If you’re on a budget, Tagima’s entry-level guitars are a great place to start. They offer a good balance of affordability and quality, and they are perfect for beginners who are still learning to play. The mid-range guitars are ideal for intermediate players who are looking to upgrade their instrument, while the high-end guitars are perfect for professional musicians who demand the best sound quality and playability.
To get a sense of the range of Tagima products and their respective prices, take a look at the table below:
|Tagima TLP Flamed||$700-$800|
|Tagima T-zero Deluxe||$1,500-$2,000|
|Tagima Jazz Bass Agile||$2,000-$2,500|
Overall, Tagima offers a range of instruments that cater to different budgets and playing levels. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, there’s a Tagima guitar that will meet your needs.
Availability of Tagima Products Worldwide
Tagima is a Brazilian company that produces a wide range of musical instruments such as electric and acoustic guitars, basses, and other stringed instruments. While it is a renowned brand in Brazil, many people worldwide may not be familiar with Tagima guitars. However, Tagima products are available in many parts of the world, albeit in varying degrees.
- Brazil – Tagima is a Brazilian company and has a strong presence in its home country. The company has a vast network of dealers and distributors that sell Tagima products all over Brazil.
- Latin America – Tagima has a strong market in Latin America, with its distribution network spanning across countries such as Mexico, Chile, Argentina, and Colombia.
- North America – Tagima has recently expanded its presence in North America. The company has a distribution center in Florida, USA, that allows customers in the US and Canada to order Tagima products online and have them delivered to their doorsteps.
While availability is relatively limited at the moment, Tagima has plans to expand its market reach worldwide. The company has recently struck deals with partners in Europe, Asia, and Africa, making Tagima products more accessible than ever before.
Here is a breakdown of the availability of Tagima products by continent:
|South America||Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Venezuela, Peru, Suriname, Guyana|
|North America||USA, Canada|
|Europe||Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, UK|
|Asia||Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines|
With Tagima’s expanding presence worldwide, musicians all over the world will soon have access to high-quality and affordable musical instruments from Brazil. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a beginner, Tagima has a guitar or bass that will suit your style and needs.
Comparison of Tagima with other guitar brands
When it comes to choosing a guitar, the options can be overwhelming. One brand that has been making waves in the industry is Tagima. But is Tagima a good brand? Let’s take a look at how it compares to other guitar brands on the market.
- Fender: Fender is one of the most iconic guitar brands out there. While Tagima doesn’t have the same history as Fender, it holds up in terms of quality. In terms of price, however, Fender tends to be more expensive than Tagima.
- Gibson: Like Fender, Gibson has a long history in the guitar industry. While Tagima is a newer brand, it has been gaining popularity and holds its own against Gibson in terms of quality. However, Gibson guitars tend to have a higher price tag.
- Squier: Squier is a subsidiary of Fender, known for producing more affordable versions of Fender guitars. While Tagima does compete with Squier in terms of price, many guitarists prefer Tagima for its unique design and sound.
Overall, Tagima is a great option for guitar players who are looking for high-quality guitars at an affordable price. It may not have the same history as Fender or Gibson, but it holds up against these brands in terms of quality and design.
If you’re still not sure which brand to choose, take a look at the table below, which compares Tagima to other top guitar brands:
As you can see, Tagima holds up against top guitar brands in terms of price and quality, and stands out for its unique design. Give Tagima a try and see for yourself why it’s quickly becoming a favorite among guitar players.
Is Tagima a Good Brand? FAQs
1. What is Tagima?
Tagima is a Brazilian musical instrument brand that produces guitars, basses, and other related musical instruments.
2. Are Tagima guitars good?
Yes, Tagima guitars are well-made instruments that provide good value for the money. They are known for their quality construction, good sound, and affordability.
3. How long has Tagima been around?
Tagima was founded in 1986 and has been producing musical instruments for over 30 years.
4. Are Tagima basses good?
Yes, Tagima basses are also known for their good quality and affordability. They are a popular choice for beginner and intermediate bass players.
5. Where are Tagima guitars made?
Tagima guitars are made in Brazil.
6. What is the price range of Tagima guitars?
The price range for Tagima guitars can vary depending on the model and features. Generally, they are priced between $150 to $700.
7. Do professional musicians use Tagima guitars?
Yes, many professional musicians use Tagima guitars, including Brazilian artists such as Marcos De Ros and Edu Ardanuy.
We hope our FAQs have helped answer your questions about Tagima as a brand. Overall, Tagima is a good choice for musicians seeking affordable and well-made guitars and basses. Thanks for reading and don’t hesitate to visit again for more music-related content!