If you’re on the hunt for a new bike, one brand that you should definitely consider is Raleigh. You may have heard of the brand before but perhaps you’re not quite sure if it’s worth your time and money. Fortunately, I’m here to tell you that Raleigh is absolutely a good bike brand and I’ll explain why.
Firstly, Raleigh has been around for a long time. The company was founded in England in 1885 and has since become a household name in the world of cycling. Over the years, Raleigh has been responsible for some of the most iconic and innovative designs that have changed the way we think about bikes. They’ve always been at the forefront of technology, constantly looking for ways to improve performance, comfort and safety.
In addition, Raleigh offers a wide range of bikes for all types of cyclists – from beginners to professionals. Whether you’re looking for a sleek and speedy road bike or a durable and versatile mountain bike, Raleigh has got you covered. They also offer a range of electric bikes that are perfect for commuters or anyone who wants to get around town with minimal effort. So, no matter what kind of riding you’re into, Raleigh has a bike that will suit your needs.
History of Raleigh as a Bike Brand
Raleigh is a well-known bicycle brand that has been around for over 135 years. The company was founded in 1887 by Frank Bowden in Nottingham, England. Originally called the Raleigh Cycle Company, it quickly became one of the top bicycle manufacturers in the world.
In the early years, Raleigh offered a range of bicycles, including roadsters, children’s bikes, and racing bikes. The company was known for its innovative designs and attention to detail, which made its bikes very popular among consumers. In 1921, Raleigh introduced the famous “All-Steel Bicycle,” which was the first bike to feature a lightweight steel frame. This innovation made Raleigh bikes much lighter and faster, which helped them to become even more popular.
Throughout the decades, Raleigh continued to innovate and expand its product lines. In the 1950s, the company began producing motorized mopeds and scooters, which were very popular during the post-war years. In the 1970s, Raleigh introduced the Chopper bike, which became a cultural icon and helped to define the era.
Today, Raleigh remains a popular bicycle brand, known for its range of high-quality bikes for all types of riders. The company continues to innovate and incorporate new technologies into its designs, while also maintaining its reputation for attention to detail and quality craftsmanship.
Raleigh’s Reputation in the Cycling Industry
Raleigh bikes have been a well-known brand in the cycling industry for over a century. Founded in 1887 in Nottingham, England, Raleigh started as a small workshop but quickly gained recognition for their innovative bike designs. Raleigh has a reputation for producing high-quality and durable bikes that have become a favorite among many cycling enthusiasts.
- History of Raleigh:
- Award-Winning Bikes:
- Brand Reputation:
Raleigh’s rich history in the cycling industry begins with their introduction of the three-speed Sturmey-Archer internal gear hub in the 1900s. This design has become a classic feature on many Raleigh bikes. Raleigh also played a major role in the development of the mountain bike in the 1980s and 90s through their partnership with professional cyclist, Geoff Apps.
Raleigh has received numerous awards for their bike designs over the years. They have won the prestigious Design and Innovation award multiple times, including in 2020 for their Electric Mustang.
Raleigh’s reputation in the cycling industry is one of reliability, quality, and innovation. Their commitment to producing bikes with the latest technology and designs has made them a trusted brand among cyclists of all levels. Raleigh has a strong presence in the cycling community and continues to be a popular choice for those searching for a dependable and stylish bike.
The Future of Raleigh Bikes
Raleigh continues to innovate and produce quality and reliable bikes that cater to a wide range of needs. Their focus on electric bikes and sustainability has resulted in the development of their Eco Bike range, which includes bikes made from recycled materials and powered by eco-friendly batteries. Raleigh’s commitment to producing high-quality and eco-friendly bikes ensures that they will remain a favorite among cyclists for years to come.
|Durable and reliable bikes
|Not the most affordable brand
|Innovative designs and technology
|Range can be limited in smaller bike shops
|Not as well-known in some countries
Raleigh’s reputation in the cycling industry is one that has been hard-earned and well-deserved. Their commitment to innovation, quality, and sustainability has ensured that they remain a dominant force in the industry. With a range of bikes to suit every need and style, Raleigh is a brand that has something for everyone.
Raleigh’s Range of Bike Models
Raleigh Bikes has been in business for over a century, and over that time they’ve developed a wide range of bike models to cater to the needs of different riders. These bikes are designed to deliver the best possible performance and ensure maximum comfort to the user.
Raleigh’s Range of Bike Models
- Mountain Bikes – These bikes are perfect for exploring the great outdoors and taking on challenging terrain. They feature sturdy frames, suspension systems, and powerful brakes to tackle any trail with ease.
- Road Bikes – If you like to ride on pavement, then Raleigh’s road bikes are perfect for you. They’re built for speed and efficiency, with lightweight frames, narrow tires, and drop handlebars for a more aerodynamic riding position.
- Cruiser Bikes – For a laid-back ride around town or on the beach, Raleigh’s cruiser bikes are a great option. These bikes have comfortable saddles, wide tires, and a relaxed riding position that makes it easy to enjoy the scenery.
Raleigh’s Range of Bike Models
For those who want a classic bike that blends style and functionality, Raleigh offers a range of vintage-inspired models that evoke the golden age of cycling. These bikes feature retro designs, but they’re built with modern materials and components to deliver a reliable performance on the road.
In addition to their standard models, Raleigh also offers electric bikes, kids’ bikes, and a selection of accessories to enhance your riding experience. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, Raleigh has a bike that’s perfect for you.
Raleigh’s Range of Bike Models
Raleigh has a wide range of bike models to choose from, and to help you make an informed decision, here’s a table that provides more details on some of their popular models:
|26″ x 2.25″
|700c x 28c
|700c x 35c
Raleigh offers a wide range of bike models to cater to different cycling needs, so whether you’re looking for a mountain bike, road bike, cruiser, or anything in between, they’ve got you covered.
Raleigh’s Innovation in Bike Technology
As one of the oldest bicycle brands in the world, Raleigh has a long history of innovation in bike technology. The company has continually pushed the boundaries of what’s possible with cycling gear and has cemented itself as a leading manufacturer in the industry.
- Hybrid Bike Design – Raleigh was one of the first companies to pioneer the hybrid bike design, which combines elements of road bikes and mountain bikes to create a versatile ride that’s suitable for a range of terrains. The Raleigh Pioneer was the first hybrid bike to hit the market back in the 1980s and has since spawned a whole range of hybrid models.
- Carbon Fiber Frames – Raleigh was also an early adopter of carbon fiber frames in their bikes, which are lighter and more durable than traditional steel and aluminum frames. They’ve continued to develop their carbon fiber technology over the years, with models like the Revenio Carbon and Merit Carbon using advanced molding techniques to create frames that are both strong and aerodynamic.
- Electric Bike Technology – In recent years, Raleigh has also made strides in the field of electric bike technology. Their models, like the Redux iE and Superbe iE, come equipped with powerful electric motors that provide assistance when pedaling, making it easier to tackle hills and headwinds. These bikes also feature intuitive controls and long-lasting batteries, making them ideal for daily commuters and weekend riders alike.
Of course, these are just a few examples of Raleigh’s commitment to innovation. The brand has also developed its own proprietary technologies, like the Raleigh Comfort System and the Raleigh True Comfort geometry, which aim to improve the comfort and ride quality of their bikes.
Overall, it’s clear to see that Raleigh takes bike technology seriously. The company is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with cycling gear and developing new solutions to meet the needs of riders of all levels. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you can trust Raleigh to provide cutting-edge bikes that are designed to perform.
Raleigh’s Performance in Bike Races
When it comes to bike races, Raleigh has a solid reputation for producing high-quality bicycles that can handle the rigors of competitive cycling. Here are some of Raleigh’s notable performances in various bike races:
- The Tour de France: Raleigh has a long history of success in the Tour de France, with riders like Joop Zoetemelk and Laurent Fignon securing victories on Raleigh bikes in the 1980s. More recently, Team Raleigh-GAC has been competing in the Tour de France’s UCI Continental Circuits, with notable finishes in various stages of the race.
- The Giro d’Italia: Raleigh bikes have also performed admirably in the Giro d’Italia, with riders like Marco Pantani and Maurizio Fondriest achieving victories on Raleigh bikes in the 1990s. In recent years, Raleigh bikes have been used by teams in the Giro d’Italia’s UCI WorldTour circuit.
- The Olympic Games: Raleigh has been a popular choice for Olympic cyclists, with riders like Chris Boardman and Jason Queally earning gold medals on Raleigh bikes in the 1990s. More recently, Team Raleigh-GAC has been competing in various Olympic cycling events.
- The Red Hook Crit: The Red Hook Crit is a series of bike races that take place in Brooklyn, London, and Milan. Raleigh has been a key sponsor of the event, and has had considerable success in the races, with riders like Evan Murphy and Colin Strickland achieving notable finishes on Raleigh bikes.
- The Transcontinental Race: The Transcontinental Race is an annual self-supported bike race across Europe. In 2015, a rider named Josh Ibbett won the race on a Raleigh bike, beating out the competition by several hours.
Overall, Raleigh has proven itself to be a reliable and high-performing brand when it comes to bike races. Whether you’re a professional cyclist or just an enthusiast looking to take on some challenging rides, Raleigh bikes are a great choice for anyone looking for a top-quality ride.
Raleigh’s Mountain Bikes vs Road Bikes
When it comes to mountain bikes, Raleigh offers a great selection of high-quality options. Their mountain bikes are constructed with sturdy frames that can handle tough terrain and steep climbs. Some of their top models include the Raleigh Tekoa Mountain Bike and the Raleigh Kodiak Mountain Bike. These bikes are designed with features like suspension systems, powerful brakes, and durable tires that make them ideal for off-road adventures.
On the other hand, Raleigh also has a great lineup of road bikes that are perfect for more relaxed rides or speedy commutes. Some of their top road bike models include the Raleigh Cadent 2 Urban Fitness Bike and the Raleigh Alysa 2 Fitness Hybrid Bike. These bikes have lightweight frames, comfortable seats, and smooth-shifting gears that make them perfect for cruising around town or hitting the road for a longer ride.
- Raleigh’s mountain bikes are ideal for off-road adventures and tough terrain.
- Raleigh’s road bikes are perfect for relaxed rides or speedy commutes.
- Raleigh’s mountain bikes have features like suspension systems, powerful brakes, and durable tires.
It’s important to consider what type of riding you’ll be doing before choosing between a Raleigh mountain bike or road bike. If you’re planning on tackling rough terrain or hitting the trails, a mountain bike might be the better choice. However, if you’re looking for a comfortable and speedy ride for commuting or leisurely rides, a road bike might be more your style.
|Sturdy frame for off-road terrain
|Lightweight for quick, easy riding
|Suspension system for shock absorption
|Smooth-shifting gears for efficient riding
|Durable tires for rugged terrain
|Tight, aerodynamic design for speed
No matter which type of bike you choose, Raleigh is a reliable and reputable brand that offers top-quality options for any rider. With their durable construction and functional features, Raleigh bikes are a great choice for anyone in the market for a new ride.
Raleigh’s Sustainability Initiatives
Raleigh has taken great strides to implement sustainable business practices into their operations. Here are 7 examples of their sustainability initiatives:
- Commitment to reducing carbon emissions: Raleigh has set a goal to reduce its carbon emissions by 50% by 2030. They have already implemented sustainable transportation solutions, such as using solar-powered electric vehicles to move their products.
- Recycling program: Raleigh recycles all waste produced in their facilities, including bike parts and packaging materials. They also encourage customers to recycle their old bikes and components through their Terracycle program, which recycles hard-to-recycle materials.
- Sustainable sourcing of materials: Raleigh sources materials from sustainable suppliers and uses recycled materials wherever possible. They have also implemented a system to reuse scrap metal from their production process.
- Water resource management: The company has implemented water-saving measures in their facilities, such as collecting and recycling rainwater and using low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- Biodiversity protection: Raleigh is committed to preserving and enhancing local biodiversity in areas surrounding their facilities. They have implemented native planting programs and are actively involved in local conservation efforts.
- Social sustainability commitment: The company prioritizes fair labor practices and collaborates with suppliers and partners to ensure ethical supply chain practices. They also support local communities through charitable donations and sponsorships.
- Supplier code of conduct: Raleigh’s suppliers are required to adhere to a strict code of conduct that ensures ethical and sustainable business practices. This includes compliance with health and safety regulations, fair labor practices, and environmental protections.
Raleigh’s sustainable manufacturing practices
In addition to their operational sustainability initiatives, Raleigh focuses on implementing sustainable manufacturing practices. They work to reduce waste, energy consumption, and water usage in their facilities. The company is committed to using recyclable materials in their bikes and investing in cleaner technologies for their production process. Raleigh also employs a closed-loop recycling system to reclaim and reuse materials. Their commitment to sustainability has earned them recognition as one of the most environmentally responsible bike brands in the industry.
Raleigh’s sustainability certifications
Raleigh has been awarded several sustainability certifications for their commitment to environmental and social responsibility. They have received certifications from the Forest Stewardship Council for their sustainable wood products, as well as the Sustainable Forestry Initiative for their commitment to sustainable forestry practices. Raleigh has also been recognized for their responsible business practices by the Carbon Trust and the Ethical Trading Initiative, among others.
Raleigh’s contributions to sustainable mobility
As a bike brand, Raleigh’s products are inherently sustainable in terms of mobility. The company is committed to promoting sustainable transportation solutions and reducing carbon emissions. They have developed e-bikes, which offer sustainable transportation alternatives to traditional cars. Raleigh is also involved in various bike-sharing and bike-rental programs, which promote sustainable and healthy mobility options for communities around the world.
|Forest Stewardship Council
|Certifies Raleigh’s sustainable wood products.
|Sustainable Forestry Initiative
|Certifies Raleigh’s commitment to sustainable forest practices.
|Certifies Raleigh’s responsible carbon management practices.
|Ethical Trading Initiative
|Certifies Raleigh’s commitment to ethical supply chain practices.
Raleigh continues to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability through their initiatives and practices. As a result, they have become a leading brand in the sustainable mobility and outdoors industry.
Raleigh’s Customer Service and Warranty
When it comes to buying a bike, besides quality and brand reputation, customer service and warranty are two of the most important factors to consider. Raleigh, being one of the leading bike manufacturers, has set a high standard in both of these areas. So, if you are considering buying a Raleigh bike, here is everything you need to know about their customer service and warranty policies.
- Responsive Customer Service: Raleigh has a dedicated customer service team that is available to answer your questions and concerns promptly. Their customer service agents are knowledgeable and friendly, making it easy for customers to get the help they need.
- Warranty Period: Raleigh offers a limited lifetime warranty on the frame of their bikes. This warranty applies only to the original owner and covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal, non-commercial use and service. Other components such as pedals, saddles, and tires come with their own specific warranties, usually for one year.
- Easy Claims Process: If you ever need to make a warranty claim, Raleigh makes it easy to do so. You can start the process by contacting their customer service team, who will guide you through the necessary steps to submit your claim. Once your claim is approved, Raleigh will either repair or replace your bike or bike component, depending on the nature of the claim.
Raleigh’s customer service and warranty policies are designed to provide customers with peace of mind when purchasing one of their bikes. They stand behind the quality of their products and are committed to providing top-notch service to their customers. Therefore, investing in a Raleigh bike is not only a wise choice for your cycling needs but also a smart investment in your long-term satisfaction with your bike.
Overall, Raleigh’s customer service and warranty policies are hard to beat. From their responsive customer service team to their easy claims process, Raleigh has made it clear that they are committed to providing their customers with a top-notch experience, even after the sale. So, if you are looking for a reliable bike brand with great customer service and warranty policies, Raleigh should definitely be at the top of your list.
Note that the warranty policies differ depending on the model of the bike you purchase, so it’s always important to read the fine print before completing your purchase. Also, be sure to register your bike with Raleigh after purchase to ensure your warranty is valid.
|Limited lifetime warranty
|Up to the manufacturer’s warranty
In conclusion, when it comes to customer service and warranty policies, Raleigh has proven itself as a reliable and trustworthy brand. Their policies are designed to provide customers with peace of mind, so they can focus on enjoying their bikes, knowing that they are covered in case of any defects or issues. So, if you are considering buying a Raleigh bike, you can be confident that you will be well taken care of by their customer service team and warranties.
Raleigh’s Availability and Distribution in Local Bike Shops
Raleigh Bicycles is a well-known brand in the bike industry. Founded in 1887, Raleigh has been manufacturing bikes for over 130 years. They offer a wide range of bikes, from leisure to performance, for all types of riders.
When it comes to availability and distribution of Raleigh bikes in local bike shops, they have a strong presence. Raleigh has a network of authorized dealers around the world, making it easy for customers to find and purchase their bikes.
- Raleigh bikes are distributed to local bike shops through various channels, including Raleigh corporate sales representatives, independent distributors, and online wholesalers.
- Local bike shops often carry a selection of Raleigh bikes in-store and online. Customers can also place orders for models that are not in-stock.
- A bonus of purchasing from a local bike shop is the added value of expert advice and support from trained mechanics and sales staff.
Furthermore, Raleigh has a strong online presence, making it easy for customers to purchase their bikes directly from their website. Online orders get shipped directly to the customer’s doorstep without the need to visit a physical bike shop. Purchasing directly from Raleigh also gives customers access to exclusive deals, financing options, and free shipping.
In addition, Raleigh has a wide range of authorized dealers, making it easy for customers to find the nearest shop. Customers can use the Raleigh dealer locator tool on their website to find the closest dealer in their area.
|Strong presence in local bike shops
|Distributed through corporate sales reps, independent distributors, and online wholesalers
|In-store, online, and directly from Raleigh’s website
|Wide range of authorized dealers
|Exclusive deals, financing options, and free shipping from Raleigh’s website
Overall, Raleigh’s availability and distribution in local bike shops is strong, making it easy for customers to find and purchase their bikes. Their presence in different distribution channels and online platforms gives customers plenty of options to choose from, whether they prefer to shop in-store or online.
Raleigh’s Affordability and Value for Money
One of the reasons why Raleigh is a popular brand among cyclists is because of its affordability. Raleigh bikes are reasonably priced and represent good value for money. Unlike some high-end bike brands, Raleigh offers bicycles that are accessible to the average person.
Additionally, Raleigh’s bikes are designed with quality components and materials, making them durable and long-lasting. This means that although a Raleigh bike may not be the cheapest on the market, the investment will pay off in the long run, especially when compared to lower quality bikes that may need frequent repairs or replacements.
Benefits of Raleigh’s Affordability
- Access to Quality Bikes: Raleigh’s affordability allows for more people to have access to high-quality bikes, without breaking the bank.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: Investing in a Raleigh bike may cost more up front, but in the long run, the lower cost of ownership makes it worth it, as it requires less maintenance and replacements.
- Better Value for Money: Raleigh’s affordability ensures that cyclists get a good value for the money they spend, making it a popular bike brand for people in search of a budget-friendly option.
Raleigh’s Value for Money
Raleigh’s value for money is achieved through a combination of factors. Firstly, the brand offers a variety of bike models that are tailored to different needs, including road bikes, mountain bikes, and e-bikes. This means that cyclists can choose the most suitable bike for their requirements and budget.
Raleigh also ensures that its bikes are built to last. By using high-quality components and materials, the brand designs bikes that offer great value for money. Additionally, Raleigh’s commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility means that its bikes are manufactured with minimal impact on the planet, making it a brand that values both quality and ethics.
Raleigh’s Affordability Ranking
According to Bikeradar.com, a trusted bike review site, Raleigh ranked first in affordability among other popular bike brands. This ranking is based on the ratio of the bike’s features and price. So, if you are looking for a bike that offers great value for money, without compromising on quality, Raleigh is an excellent option to consider.
Overall, Raleigh offers affordable, high-quality bikes that provide value for money. With its commitment to sustainability and ethical manufacturing practices, cyclists can feel good about investing in a Raleigh bike – both for themselves and the planet.
Is Raleigh a Good Bike Brand FAQs
1. Are Raleigh bikes worth the money?
Yes, Raleigh bikes are definitely worth the money. They are durable, stylish and efficient, and cater to all kinds of riders.
2. What sets Raleigh bikes apart from other brands in the market?
Raleigh bikes are known for their quality and craftsmanship. They use high-quality materials and innovative designs to deliver an exceptional riding experience.
3. Can Raleigh bikes be used for off-road adventures?
Yes, Raleigh bikes are suitable for off-road adventures. They offer a range of mountain bikes and fat tire bikes that can handle rough terrains with ease.
4. Does Raleigh offer bikes for children?
Yes, Raleigh offers a range of kids’ bikes that are designed to be safe, comfortable, and fun to ride.
5. Do Raleigh bikes come with a warranty?
Yes, every Raleigh bike comes with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects and other issues. The length of the warranty varies depending on the model.
6. Can I get Raleigh bikes online?
Yes, you can buy Raleigh bikes online from their official website or from authorized dealers. They offer home delivery and assembly services as well.
7. Is Raleigh a trusted bike brand?
Yes, Raleigh is a trusted bike brand with a legacy of more than 130 years. They have a reputation for producing high-quality bikes that are reliable and affordable.
Thank you for taking the time to read about Raleigh bikes. We hope this article has been helpful in answering your questions. If you’re looking for a bike that offers style, performance, and durability, Raleigh is definitely a good brand to consider. Be sure to visit their website for more information and to check out their latest models. Until next time, happy riding!