When it comes to picking the right gear for snowboarding, one of the biggest decisions you’ll make is choosing the right snowboard brand. And if you’re on the lookout for a high-quality snowboard brand, then let me introduce you to Bataleon. But is Bataleon a good snowboard brand? That’s what we’re going to find out in this article.
Firstly, Bataleon is a brand that’s been making waves in the snowboarding community for a while now. They’re known for producing some of the most innovative and high-performance snowboards out there. From freestyle and freeride boards to all-mountain and park boards, Bataleon has a vast selection of snowboards to offer that cater to all levels of snowboarders. So, it’s safe to say that Bataleon is a good snowboard brand.
Secondly, Bataleon uses some of the most advanced snowboard technologies in their boards. Their signature Triple Base Technology (3BT) is a unique base profile system that provides better edge hold, smoother turns, and easier control. Plus, their boards feature different in-house technologies, such as Sidekick, Hyper Glide S, and Core Core, to name a few, which make their snowboards stand out from competitors. All of these advanced technologies make Bataleon a great brand to consider if you’re looking for high-quality, performance-driven snowboards.
Lastly, Bataleon’s commitment to sustainability is another reason why they’re a good snowboard brand. The brand uses eco-friendly materials, such as bamboo, flax fiber, and recycled ABS sidewalls, which reduce their carbon footprint. Plus, Bataleon is a member of the 1% for the Planet movement, which means they donate 1% of their annual sales to environmental nonprofits. All in all, Bataleon is a brand that’s doing its part to minimize its impact on the environment, which is something we can all get behind.
History of Bataleon Snowboards
Bataleon Snowboards is a snowboard brand that was founded in 2001 by two passionate snowboarders, a Dutchman named Dennis Dusseldorp and an Austrian named Peter Bauer. The company was born out of Bauer’s frustration with traditional snowboard designs that he felt were limiting his ability to progress on the mountain. And so, using his background in engineering, he set out to develop a new kind of snowboard that would offer a more dynamic and versatile riding experience.
After years of trial and error, Bauer finally developed a board with three distinct contact points, which he called Triple Base Technology (TBT). This design allowed for more efficient edge-to-edge transitions, better floatation in powder, and a reduced chance of catching an edge. In 2003, Bataleon released their first snowboard with TBT, and the rest is history.
- 2001: Bataleon Snowboards founded by Dennis Dusseldorp and Peter Bauer
- 2003: First snowboard with Triple Base Technology (TBT) released
- 2004: TBT technology patented
- 2007: Bataleon wins TransWorld Snowboarding’s Good Wood award for the first time
- 2010: Bataleon introduces V-Shapes, a new line of women’s specific snowboards
- 2018: Bataleon releases the Surfer, a powder board with a unique surf-inspired shape
Over the years, Bataleon has continued to push the boundaries of snowboard design, introducing new and innovative technologies and shapes. In addition to TBT, some of their other notable design innovations include:
- SideKick: A technology that increases the uplift at the board’s contact points, providing more floatation in powder and a smoother ride on rough terrain.
- Carbon Stringers: A series of carbon strips that run the length of the board, providing added stability and response.
- Jib 3BT: An adaptation of TBT that is designed specifically for park and rail riding, with a wider center base and thinner side bases.
Thanks to their innovative designs, Bataleon snowboards have earned a reputation for delivering top-notch performance across a variety of riding styles. They have won numerous industry awards over the years, including multiple Good Wood awards from TransWorld Snowboarding, as well as awards from Snowboarder, Whitelines, and others. In addition, many professional snowboarders ride Bataleon boards, including Torstein Horgmo, Danny Davis, and Madison Blackley.
|2007||TransWorld Snowboarding Good Wood||Evil Twin|
|2010||Snowboarder Best of Test||Undisputed|
|2019||Whitelines 100||The One|
Ultimately, Bataleon has built its reputation on a commitment to innovation, performance, and quality. Whether you’re a park rider, backcountry enthusiast, or just someone looking for a fun and versatile snowboard, Bataleon has something to offer.
Rider Reviews of Bataleon Snowboards
When it comes to evaluating a snowboard brand, what riders have to say carries a lot of weight. Snowboarders are passionate about their gear and they know what they like and what works for them. So, we looked at rider reviews of Bataleon snowboards to see how they fare on the mountain.
- One reviewer raves about their Bataleon board’s edge hold. They say, “The edge hold on this board is incredible. You can really trust your edges and it feels like they just grip onto the snow seamlessly.”
- Another rider loves the playful feel of their Bataleon, saying, “This board is a lot of fun. It has a soft flex which makes it super playful in the park but it still holds up well when hitting bigger jumps.”
- Several reviewers mention how well the Bataleon boards perform in powder. One says, “I was a little skeptical because the board is a true twin but it really surfs in powder. It stays on top and is super nimble.”
Overall, riders seem to have a lot of positive things to say about Bataleon snowboards. They rave about the edge hold, playful feel, and powder performance. Of course, every rider is different so it’s important to try out a board before committing, but based on these reviews, Bataleon seems to be a solid choice.
If you want to see more reviews and get a sense of which Bataleon board might be right for you, check out online snowboard forums or reach out to your local snowboard shop. They can help you find the perfect Bataleon to suit your riding style and preferences.
Bataleon’s Triple Base Technology
If you’re looking for a snowboard brand that delivers excellent performance and a unique riding experience, Bataleon is worth considering. The brand is known for its Triple Base Technology (3BT) that sets it apart from other snowboard manufacturers. Here’s what you need to know about this innovative technology.
What is 3BT?
- 3BT is a patented base contour technology that features three distinct base profiles. Each profile has a different shape that is tweaked to suit specific riding styles and conditions.
- The three profiles are the traditional camber, the lifted contact points, and the medium uplift. These profiles work together to enhance the board’s performance and provide a smooth riding experience.
- The lifted contact points on the board help to reduce edge-catch, which makes it easier to start and finish turns without any hiccups.
How Does it Work?
Unlike regular snowboards that have a flat base, the Bataleon snowboards with 3BT feature concave shaped side bases. When you place the board on the snow, only the edges come in contact with the surface, while the center remains elevated. This innovative design helps to reduce the risk of catching the edges and makes it easier to maneuver the snowboard, especially in challenging terrain.
The uplift features on the board also provide a smoother transition from edge to edge, reducing the risk of unwanted edge catches. Instead of relying solely on the traditional camber profile to maneuver in three dimensions, the Bataleon 3BT snowboards provide a better balance of control, maneuverability, and float.
Why Choose Bataleon with 3BT?
The Bataleon snowboards with 3BT are ideal for riders looking for a board that offers a fun, smooth, and seamless ride. It’s particularly useful for those who want to progress their skills in the sport without worrying about catching an edge constantly. The 3BT design will help riders gain more confidence, and enable them to push their limits on the mountain.
|Less edge-catch||A bit heavy compared to other brands|
|Smooth ride||Expensive to buy|
|Excellent control and maneuverability||May not suit advanced riders looking for a stiffer board|
Overall, Bataleon’s Triple Base Technology is a game-changer in the industry and offers a unique and excellent riding experience. It’s a dependable brand for riders of all skill levels and is worth considering when looking for a new snowboard.
Bataleon’s Board Shapes and Profiles
If you are looking for a snowboard that can provide you with the right combination of speed, control, and flexibility, then you should take a closer look at what Bataleon has to offer. Bataleon is a British snowboard brand that has been around since 2001, and the company is known for producing innovative snowboards that can handle a variety of terrain and snow conditions. In this article, we will explore Bataleon’s board shapes and profiles to help you understand why this brand is worth considering.
- Twin: The twin shape is symmetrical, meaning that the nose and the tail are identical. This is ideal for freestyle snowboarding where you will often be riding switch (with your opposite foot forward).
- Directional Twin: The directional twin has a slightly longer or stiffer nose than the tail, making it more suitable for all-mountain riding. This shape is versatile and can handle a variety of snow conditions and terrain types.
- Directional: The directional shape has a longer or stiffer nose than the tail, which provides better float in powder and makes it easier to carve on groomers.
Bataleon has several board profiles that are designed to provide different levels of performance depending on your riding style and skill level. Here are some of the most popular profiles:
- Triple Base Technology: Bataleon’s Triple Base Technology (TBT) is a unique base profile that features a convex shape between the bindings. This shape provides more contact points with the snow, which results in increased stability and edgehold.
- Camber: Camber is a traditional board profile that features an upward curve in the center. This profile provides excellent edge control and pop, making it ideal for advanced riders who want to carve up the mountain.
- Flat: The flat profile is completely flat between the bindings, which provides a stable and predictable ride. This profile is ideal for beginners who are still learning how to ride and want a board that is forgiving.
- Hybrid: The hybrid profile is a combination of camber and rocker. This profile provides the pop and edgehold of camber, with the added float and forgiveness of rocker. This is a versatile profile that can handle a variety of snow conditions and terrain types.
When it comes to snowboarding, having the right board can make all the difference. Bataleon’s board shapes and profiles are designed to provide riders with the right combination of speed, control, and flexibility to help them excel on the mountain. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced rider, there is a Bataleon snowboard out there that is perfect for you.
|Board Shape||Best For|
|Directional Twin||All-mountain riding|
|Directional||Powder and carving|
Comparing Bataleon to Other Snowboard Brands
Choosing the right snowboard brand is crucial for every snowboarder, especially those who are just starting out. One of the brands that have been gaining attention in recent years is Bataleon. But how does it compare to other snowboard brands? Let’s take a closer look.
- Design: Bataleon is known for its unique Triple Base Technology, which provides more stability and makes turning easier. Other brands may have their own specialized designs, such as Burton’s Flying V or Lib Tech’s Banana Tech, but Bataleon’s TBT is definitely worth trying out.
- Performance: Bataleon’s TBT also enhances the board’s performance, particularly in freestyle riding. This brand is great for those who love to hit the park and do some tricks. However, it may not be as suitable for going fast or carving.
- Price: Like other high-quality snowboard brands, Bataleon’s boards come with a higher price tag. It may not be the best option for those on a tight budget, but for its unique technology and performance, it’s definitely worth considering.
- Brand Reputation: Bataleon is still a relatively new brand compared to others that have been around for decades. However, it has already gained a loyal following and positive reviews for its innovative design and quality performance.
- Availability: Bataleon snowboards may not be as widely available as other brands, especially in brick-and-mortar stores. However, they can easily be purchased online on various sites.
Bataleon may not be the most popular snowboard brand, but it’s definitely worth considering for its unique design and great performance in freestyle riding. Its higher price point may be a setback for some, but if you’re looking for a board that stands out and provides a one-of-a-kind riding experience, Bataleon may be the perfect choice for you.
Ultimately, the best snowboard brand for you will depend on your personal preferences, style, and budget. It’s always recommended to do your research and try out different brands before making a purchase to ensure you get the one that suits you the best.
|Bataleon||Triple Base Technology||Great for freestyle riding||Higher price point||Positive||Online|
|Burton||Flying V||Great for all-mountain riding||Mid-high price range||Long-standing reputation||Widely available|
|Lib Tech||Banana Tech||Great for freestyle riding||Mid-high price range||Innovative reputation||Widely available|
The table above compares Bataleon to two popular snowboard brands, Burton and Lib Tech, based on their design, performance, price, reputation, and availability. While each brand has its own strengths and weaknesses, Bataleon’s unique Triple Base Technology and great performance in freestyle riding make it a strong contender.
Bataleon’s Sustainability Efforts
Bataleon is committed to sustainability and ensuring that their products have minimal impact on the environment. Here are some of the ways the brand is making an effort to be environmentally responsible:
- Recyclable packaging: Bataleon uses recyclable materials to package their snowboards and reduces the amount of waste generated in the production process.
- Green materials: The brand uses eco-friendly materials whenever possible, such as bamboo sidewalls and organic cotton in their clothing line.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Bataleon sources materials locally to reduce the distance they travel and the associated carbon emissions. They also use renewable energy sources in their production process.
Aside from these measures, Bataleon is a member of the Snowsports Industries America Sustainability Working Group, which aims to promote sustainable practices throughout the snow sports industry. The brand also collaborates with organizations such as Protect Our Winters to raise awareness about climate change and encourage consumers to reduce their carbon footprint.
Bataleon’s sustainability efforts are commendable and reflect the brand’s commitment to not only producing high-quality snowboards but also being a responsible member of the global community.
|Recyclable packaging||Uses recyclable materials to package snowboards and reduces waste generated in production|
|Green materials||Uses eco-friendly materials whenever possible|
|Reduced carbon footprint||Sources materials locally and uses renewable energy sources in production|
Overall, Bataleon’s sustainability efforts demonstrate their commitment to protecting the planet and promoting environmentally conscious practices in the snow sports industry.
Bataleon’s Women’s Snowboard Line
When it comes to snowboarding, women deserve high-performance and carefully crafted snowboards, too. Bataleon’s women’s snowboard line offers just that – boards that are specifically designed with female riders in mind. These snowboards have technology that caters to a woman’s unique needs on the mountain, all while maintaining the brand’s commitment to quality and innovation.
- Bataleon’s women’s snowboards come in a wide range of sizes to fit every rider’s needs, from beginners to experts.
- The Triple Base Technology (TBT) that Bataleon is known for is even more impressive in their women’s line. The specially-tuned TBT creates a smooth ride and effortless edge-to-edge transitions, making it an easy board for women to ride and progress on.
- The brand’s women’s snowboard line also features softer flex patterns, which allow for easier turn initiation and a smoother ride.
Bataleon’s women’s snowboards are not just high-performing, they are also beautifully designed. The brand offers multiple graphics options that are feminine and eye-catching, showcasing their attention to detail and style. The women’s line also includes boards for all types of terrain – from park to powder and everything in between.
If you’re a female snowboarder looking for a high-quality board that caters to your needs, Bataleon’s women’s snowboard line is definitely worth checking out.
|-Specifically designed for women||-May be pricier than other brands|
|-Multiple size options||-Limited graphics options compared to other brands|
|-Triple Base Technology for smooth rides|
|-Softer flex patterns for easier turn initiation|
Overall, Bataleon’s women’s snowboard line offers high-quality, aesthetically pleasing, and performance-driven snowboards that cater to women’s specific needs on the mountain. While they may be slightly more expensive than other brands, the investment is definitely worth it for female riders who want to progress and have a great time on their snowboard.
Bataleon’s Pro Rider Team
When it comes to snowboarding, having a team of professional riders who can put your boards to the test is a crucial component of any brand’s success. Bataleon is no exception, and they have assembled a team of some of the most skilled and well-respected riders in the industry to help promote and develop their products.
The Bataleon Pro Rider Team is made up of eight highly accomplished snowboarders who represent the brand at events and competitions all over the world. These riders are not only amazing athletes, but they also play an active role in the research and development of Bataleon snowboards.
- Tormod Frostad: A Norwegian born rider who has been with Bataleon since its inception in 2001. Frostad is known for his powerful riding style and has an extensive background in freestyle and big mountain snowboarding.
- Eiki Helgason: An Icelandic rider and one of the most well-known names in the snowboarding industry today. Helgason is a master of urban snowboarding and has a unique style that is instantly recognizable.
- Jaeger Bailey:American born snowboarder known for his incredible rail riding skills. Bailey is also an accomplished backcountry rider and has been with Bataleon since 2014.
- Ethan Morgan: German born rider who is known for his creative approach to snowboarding. Morgan is equally comfortable riding rails in the park or sending it off big backcountry jumps.
- Tyler Chorlton: A British snowboarder who has been with Bataleon since 2009. Chorlton is an experienced backcountry rider who is known for his smooth and stylish riding style.
- Gulli Gudmundsson: An Icelandic born rider who has been with Bataleon since 2008. Gudmundsson is one of the most versatile riders on the team and is equally comfortable in the park or backcountry.
- Brandon Hammid: American snowboarder who joined the team in 2016. Hammid is known for his unique style and approach to riding. He is equally comfortable riding big mountain lines or sending it off urban features.
- Madars Apse: Latvian born rider who is known for his technical approach to street snowboarding. Apse is equally comfortable on a skateboard as he is on a snowboard, and his unique approach to riding has earned him a legion of fans around the world.
The Bataleon Pro Rider Team isn’t just a group of athletes who lend their names to a product. These riders are actively involved in the development of Bataleon snowboards, providing feedback and testing new designs to ensure that every board that bears the Bataleon name is of the highest quality. This commitment to quality is one of the reasons that Bataleon has become such a well-respected brand in the snowboarding community.
|Rider Name||Nationality||Discipline||Years with Bataleon|
|Tormod Frostad||Norwegian||Freestyle, Big Mountain||Since 2001|
|Eiki Helgason||Icelandic||Urban Snowboarding||Since 2012|
|Jaeger Bailey||American||Rail Riding, Backcountry||Since 2014|
|Ethan Morgan||German||Freestyle, Backcountry||Since 2014|
|Tyler Chorlton||British||Backcountry||Since 2009|
|Gulli Gudmundsson||Icelandic||Freestyle, Backcountry||Since 2008|
|Brandon Hammid||American||Urban Snowboarding, Backcountry||Since 2016|
|Madars Apse||Latvian||Urban Snowboarding||Since 2018|
Overall, the Bataleon Pro Rider Team is one of the strongest groups of snowboarders in the world today. Their commitment to pushing the limits of what’s possible on a snowboard has helped to make the Bataleon brand a household name among riders around the globe.
Bataleon’s Price Range Compared to Other Brands
When it comes to purchasing a snowboard, one of the most important factors many people consider is the price. Bataleon is a mid-range brand, sitting comfortably in the middle of the market, and is an excellent option for those looking for a high-quality snowboard that won’t break the bank. Let’s examine Bataleon’s price range in comparison to other snowboard brands in the market.
- Burton: Burton is a popular snowboard brand with a wide range of products. Prices for Burton snowboards can range from around $300 to $1,000.
- K2: K2 is another well-known snowboard brand. Prices for K2 snowboards range from around $250 to $750.
- Ride: Ride is a mid-range snowboard brand with prices ranging from around $300 to $600.
- Never Summer: Never Summer is a premium snowboard brand. Prices for Never Summer snowboards typically start around $400 and can go up to $900.
- Lib Tech: Lib Tech is a premium snowboard brand with prices starting around $500 and going up to $1,000.
As you can see, Bataleon’s price range falls within the middle of the market, making it a great option for those looking for a high-quality snowboard without breaking the bank.
In addition, Bataleon offers a wide range of snowboards with different price ranges, so there is something for everyone. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Bataleon snowboards offer exceptional value for the price. And with a reputation for quality and durability, you can trust that your Bataleon snowboard will last you for many seasons.
In conclusion, Bataleon is a mid-range snowboard brand that offers exceptional value for the price. With a wide range of snowboards and price ranges, Bataleon is an excellent choice for snowboarders of all skill levels. When compared to other snowboard brands in the market, Bataleon’s price range is competitive, making it an excellent option for those looking for a high-quality snowboard that won’t break the bank.
Bataleon’s Customer Service and Warranty Program
When it comes to purchasing a snowboard, the quality of customer service and warranty program can be just as important as the board itself. Fortunately, Bataleon is known for providing excellent customer service and a reliable warranty program.
- Bataleon offers a 2-year limited warranty on all of their snowboards from the date of purchase. This warranty covers manufacturing defects and flaws, including delamination, base defects, and other issues that may occur as a result of normal use.
- If you do experience an issue with your Bataleon board, their customer service team is available to help. They are known for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, and are committed to ensuring that every customer is satisfied with their purchase.
- In addition to their warranty program, Bataleon offers a 30-day return policy for all unused boards. If you decide that a Bataleon board is not right for you, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.
Overall, Bataleon’s customer service and warranty program are just as impressive as their snowboards. Whether you’re a seasoned snowboarder or just starting out, you can feel confident in your purchase knowing that you’ll be well taken care of by Bataleon.
If you are interested in learning more about Bataleon’s warranty program, here is a table that outlines the specifics:
|Manufacturing Defects||2-year limited warranty from date of purchase|
|Returns||30-day return policy for unused boards|
|Customer Service||Knowledgeable and friendly customer service team available to assist with issues|
Is Bataleon a Good Snowboard Brand: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes Bataleon a good snowboard brand?
Bataleon is known for its innovative Triple Base Technology, which provides a catch-free riding experience without sacrificing edge control. Bataleon boards are also made with high-quality materials, ensuring durability and performance.
2. Are Bataleon snowboards beginner-friendly?
Yes, Bataleon makes snowboards for all skill levels, including beginner-friendly options. Their boards have a forgiving feel and are easy to maneuver, making them a great choice for new riders.
3. How does Bataleon compare to other snowboard brands?
Bataleon is a great snowboard brand that offers unique technology and high-quality materials. However, every snowboard brand has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to research and choose a brand that fits your needs and riding style.
4. Are Bataleon snowboards expensive?
Bataleon snowboards range in price, but they tend to be on the higher end of the spectrum. However, their innovative technology and durable materials make them a worthwhile investment for avid snowboarders.
5. Can Bataleon snowboards handle different types of terrain?
Yes, Bataleon snowboards are versatile and can handle different types of terrain, from groomed runs to powder. Their unique Triple Base Technology provides a smooth and stable ride on any surface.
6. Where can I buy Bataleon snowboards?
Bataleon snowboards can be purchased at select snowboard shops and online retailers. Check the Bataleon website for a list of authorized dealers.
7. Does Bataleon offer any warranties or guarantees on their snowboards?
Yes, Bataleon offers a 2-year warranty on all of their snowboards. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship.
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about Bataleon snowboards and what makes them a great choice for both beginner and experienced riders. With their unique technology and durable construction, Bataleon snowboards provide a smooth and stable ride on any terrain. Be sure to check out their website for more information and to find a dealer near you. Happy shredding!